Thursday, April 14, 2011

Classical Arrangement & Export Grant Success



Classical Arrangement (tribute to Rembrandt and Kreutz) - oil on canvas - 42"x32" - Sold


This large piece was finished some days ago. The opportunity to Work big like this is so exciting and freeing. It transports me right into the piece as I am totally immersed and surrounded by the canvas. The painting was created in a really rhythmical way as regards my brush strokes, notes of colour and its overall orchestration. At no time do I labour in one area. I consistently move my brush around the canvas building up all the various facades and elements simultaneously. I believe the result of this intuitive and largely unplanned orchestration gives a vibrant, living, breathing effect that resonates from the painting. I wish you could see it in real life as the camera and screen never fully realises all the subtle nuances, textures and the overall alchemy that is contained and transmuted.
On another topic I have some great news to share with you all! The Fingal County Enterprise Board have awarded me with a 'First Time Exporter Initiative & Export Grant', to help towards my upcoming Solo Expo which takes place in New York City at the end of May! Can't wait to give you all the details about this show in the coming weeks, and would encourage any young Fingal people with a business plan for expanding existing overseas sales to get in touch with the FCEB. My Special Thanks to Ms. Carmel O' Carroll & Mr. Keith Brock Assistant CEO at the FCEB.
Click on these hi resolution details below to enlarge.

No comments: