Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Barn Roof



The Barn Roof - oil/panel - 7"x5" - sold
Private Collection New York City.

Above is a sketch in oil made early one bright morning last week. The scene is just up the road from my cottage.

Have been concentrating on painting, reading and getting outdoors into the landscape as much as possible during the day, and at night painting in my cottage from sketches I have created.

With this piece I was interested in portraying the almost beautiful rusting roof of the barn as it contrasted with all the greens that surrounded it, the rhythm I found in the shadows falling from the field posts as well as the sky and road as it ran away almost mirroring itself.

My Internet usage has been limited the last couple of weeks as I have given up my studio space at the Custom House Studios until this coming August. So, don't be surprised if my blog posts of paintings created are a little slow coming. I can assure you that I am working away each day creating and developing as best I can.

Below a photo of my easel, palette and paint box at the ready :)

No comments: