Friday, September 26, 2014

Still Life over Killary Harbour


I spent close to a year living and working in Westport in 2011. I kept a studio at the Custom House Studios close to the quay. Most weeks myself and Boo would drive out the coast road along Clewbay towards Louisburgh and Leenaun which is situated on the shores of the Killary Harbour fjord and close to the ancient woods near the Maam valley. We loved walking there even in the dead of winter!

I had this landscape piece worked up, but only brought it to a finish recently.
It's a view across the harbour towards Ben Gorm mountain. I think the combination of landscape and these objects works well together with the three mountains in the background echoed by the three major objects in the foreground.

Still Life over Killary Harbour - oil on canvas - 38"x30"






No comments: