Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird

In December of last year I posted an image of this painting after my first days work of what was to become a seven week long studio residency in the city of Barcelona. The paintings title comes from a wonderful Zen like poem written by Wallace Stevens back in the 1950's.

During the past couple of months I took this painting back into my studio and made some subtle finishing touches to it including line work and glazing. I had thought it needed more work for quite a period, but having lived with the work for some time realised that not to be the case.

This painting will travel with me to the United States and feature in my coming Los Angeles solo show 'Communion' which opens on Friday October 30th in Pasadena.

Hope you like it. - RH

Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird - oil on museum panel - 70x50cm
For Pricing and Reserve please email, info@richardhearns.com 


No comments: