Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Golden Grey



Golden Grey - oil/panel - 7"x5" - sold

My small scale analytical studies and sketches in oil have lead me down many exciting avenues and pointed towards many truths about various processes and developed ways of seeing since first beginning working this way in June 2008.

Before this investigative body of Work began I approached most of my paintings in a very different way, concerned with a very different visual language, equally expressive, but different.
The use of a wide range of mixed media and supports such as photographs in combination with memory brought about an altogether more eclectic experience during the creation of said pieces.

Now I find myself back to a method of working that is quite purely instinctual and progressive and I hope to hold that focus and combine it with all the knowledge I have accumulated from working directly from life.

Perhaps sometime in the next year I will have an exhibition which features Works from every period of my life to see how they have all knit together and produced the artist I am at present.
Of course this is to be continued!

- Richard

No comments: