Wednesday, April 2, 2014

It is like we never left!

Arriving again in New York last Sunday was just what I needed. The excitement I feel as I leave JFK for the city never changes and it almost feels to me like we never left!

This will be our 4th visit and exhibition here in as many years and our 5th and a half month in the city!
Since arriving we settled in fast. We explored a new area of Brooklyn, I visited my framer, met with some pals and called to the Salmagundi Arts Club on 5th Avenue for the first time as well as revisiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art today.


A piece that caught my attention at the Salmagundi Club.


In the Velasquez room at the Met.

New York's seen a hard winter but the temperatures are picking up now. The birds are busy and I'm seeing the buds on the trees are looking ready for their late spring arrival.


On the weekend we will travel to Greenwich, Connecticut to visit with the Anam Cara Gallery and deliver works for a display and reception on April 24th. On Tuesday I called to O'Sullivan Antiques in the beautiful west village area of Manhattan and will deliver works to the gallery on April 10th to begin the installation for the solo show on Thursday April 17th.


O'Sullivan Antiques, 51 East 10th Street, between Broadway and University Place, Manhattan.

No comments: