Monday, June 9, 2008

Red Apple 6x6in

sold
 
These paintings are quite a departure for me from my usual way of working. The subject matter, treatment, and stylised approch are so removed from what I am used to, but I am really enjoying creating these paintings. I can safely say that these are my first 'still life' 'daily paintings' bar the sketches I used to do of my old track beaten sandles when on my travels.By limiting myself to about 3 hours per painting means that I can continue with my larger works.Hope you enjoy them.


1 comment:

Richard Hearns said...

These paintings are quite a departure for me from my usual way of working. The subject matter, treatment, and stylised approch are so removed from what I am used to but I am really enjoying creating these paintings.
I can safely say that these are my first 'still life' 'daily paintings' bar the sketches I used to do of my old track beaten sandles when on my travels.
By limiting myself to about 3 hours per painting means that I can continue with my larger works.
Hope you enjoy them.