Friday, June 19, 2009

Lemon and Mug



Lemon and Mug - oil/panel - sold

During the month of May I had the opportunity to make contact with Kevin McSherry - an Artist and free lance illustrator. You might know his work from pieces created for the Irish Times newspaper.
Kevin kindly invited me out (along with a growing class of Ginny-pig budding artists) to paint with him at his home in Terenure over a six week period. Being largely self taught I jumped at the opportunity to meet with Kevin to paint. The classes were a brilliant experience for me - conducted in a relaxed, good natured and fun atmosphere.
Kevin's teaching style, experience and knowledge really impressed me and I have learnt a lot just being around him.

Above, ' Lemon and Mug' is the last piece I had a chance to create out in Kevin's studio.

If your out there Kevin - Thanks a million for all your encouragement and support.
Here is a link to Kevin's Classes website called Art classes Ireland.
Check out his fantastic illustrations here at Mc Sherry.ie

No comments: