Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tube and Brush, composition in Sienna and Ochre


















Tube and Brush, composition in Sienna and Ochre - 16"x12" 

Here is another still life composed recently. This painting was made in 'one sitting' alla prima, using the light box I set up on the island for night painting.

I have just arrived yesterday on an island even further south east of where I have been.
The island is mountainous and largely undeveloped. I made two landscape plein air sketches today and one yesterday.
After the next couple of posts i will begin posting images of these fluid daylight pieces.
The internet connection is very slow here, so I will be posting a little less frequently over the next two weeks - this should give me more time to paint though! ;)

- Richard

A Detail from 'Tube and Brush, composition in Sienna and Ochre'.

No comments: