Thursday, May 30, 2013

Featured Works

Below are images and brief descriptions of some of the finished works that featured in my last exhibition.
I will post up more over the coming weeks before I begin a new body of work.

















Over Sheds, near Fanore - oil on canvas - 14"x10" - sold
Private Collection, New York City.

Created in the open air in the neighboring coastal village of Fanore, I was drawn into this scene by strong shapes and a chance to design a composition around them.
The bird perched on the wire stayed just long enough for me to capture his gesture with a gentle stroke of my brush.
























Hidden, Sheds in Ruin - oil on linen canvas - 20"x18" - sold
Private Collection, New York City. 
 


Found this place hidden away in decay, down back roads, along green paths. Forgotten, but now remembered.



























Niland's Ruin - oil on linen canvas - 41"x31" - sold
Private Collection, New York City.


This piece is entitled 'Niland's Ruin', and was created in the open air near my studio in Ballyvaughan. It is actually the closest house to me on the road towards the village of Ballyvaughan. I am friends with a lady called Martina who grew up in this house. can't wait to show her an image of the painting when I get home.

- Richard

No comments: