Monday, August 10, 2009

Tractor part with Sheep's Wool


Tractor part with Sheep's Wool - Oil/panel - 12"x9"

Contrasting forms - Rusty Metal stuffed with Sheep's Wool. What kind of a narrative might you read into this?

When I choose an object, whether it be natural or man made, I am primarily interested in its textural qualities, or say reflective, narrative or translucent  - What kind of a challenge will it be for me to describe this thing with paint.
How can I make this (sometimes mundane) object or objects into an interesting painting.

I suppose this is one of the most ambiguous subjects I have painted (but in a way its the same as everything else. After all its how I translate an idea about some-'thing' into marks made with oil on a surface).

Hope you like it - Richard

No comments: