Saturday, November 21, 2009

Rapeepan



Rapeepan (portrait of my wife) -oil/panel - 5"x5" - nfs

This study of Pu's face was created in about 10 minutes the other evening when she came into my studio and sat down to see what I was working on.
I grabbed up my brush and a new panel and 'ordered' her to sit still for me. The light and shadows that fell across her face just sang out to me to be captured.

This portrait of Pu marks the 250th post to my blog and is the only portrait or figurative study to be posted to date.
I hadn't made a portrait of her in a long time - in fact I think it was about 2005 when I last made a sketch of her.

Portraits of my closest friends used to be a really big part of my creative output.
Maybe I'll put together a collection of these works for you to see sometime.

Of course I really love this piece.
-Richard

No comments: