Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Black Kettle



The Black Kettle - oil on canvas - 16"x16" - sold

Arrived home yesterday after completing my first artist residency of 2010.
The days were mostly bright and crisp over the new year with clear views of the snow covered Kerry mountains.
During my time spent there I worked mostly on large still life paintings and on some very large landscapes towards the end.

RTE television came to visit me and document my work a few days ago.
It was a brilliant experience for me and the crew made the days shooting very comfortable and enjoyable. The documentary will feature on 'RTE Nationwide' in March or April.
Will let you all know when it is due to be aired.

The stone built and thatched meeting house near my studio in the small pre-famine village of Cill Rialaig is full of nostalgic items of old. Found this beautiful traditional farm house kettle down by the large open fire place.

Hope you like this piece.
-Richard

No comments: