Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mandarin and Inkwell



Mandarin and Ink pot - oil/panel - 7"x5" - sold

Painting is the language I endeavor communicate to the world with. When I am unable to say what I have experienced in words or have a visual idea about something I wish to communicate - I paint. It comes from inside me and what I endeavour to do is to not get in the way while those inner thoughts are transcribed visually by means of my brushstrokes through colour, value, edges and drawing. I want each of my creations to communicate something pure to the viewer.

Currently I am interested in the integrity of shapes within my paintings. How to describe something in the simplest way possible? Making form - form, space communicate space and atmosphere and colour just that - colour. 

Even in representational painting there is no 'one way' to describe a subject - no limit to the way something can be rendered and still appear authentic.

No comments: