Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Boat Shed & Back to Basics



The Boat Shed - oil/panel - 7"x5" - sold

So, its back to basics now, working towards further development in my painting and art.
I find the easiest way to do this is to simply dive right back into my painting, which is what I have been doing since my return to Mayo last week from New York.

Every once in a while it is good for me to reflect on what I have achieved in the developmental processes of my work. This in turn develops in me a internal dialogue to which I can respond - a sort of self referral.

Upon my return to Ireland I received a beautiful mail from a teacher and artist who works in the famous Art Students League of New York. His mail was so encouraging, reminding me that "Painting is a journey not a trip, so keep painting and searching for the quality of work you want to produce". I thought the sentiment very beautiful, and it really struck a cord with me in what I strive to achieve through my Art. Thank you Ismael.

Over the past few days I have been enjoying my painting so much. yesterday I worked outdoors all day creating three small studies in oil. The work feels enriched after my trip and experiences in the States.

Looking forward to posting images of new work for you all to see over the coming weeks.

- Richard

No comments: