Tuesday, September 15, 2015

In His Shaded Paddock

I've been posting images of representational landscape pieces over these past couple of weeks, but all the while in the studio I've been keeping myself busy through observational still life painting. Both large and small, these observational still life paintings enable me to explore a pictorial narrative or strong pictorial concept. I hope to 'hang' each of my paintings on the achievement of such things,                                                                                                          and am not in anyway overly concerned with the 'finish'. Nevertheless, these pieces more then any of my other works, do communicate all the virtues and elements I believe to be necessary in a communicative and exciting visual field.  - I'll look forward to share these pieces with you in due course.

Until then here is another painting featuring my neighbour's Connemara pony, TJ.
John O' Donohue the Irish poet, author, philosopher and priest who grew up in the village next to mine often talked about sheep being the Zen masters of the Irish landscape, but from my observations our donkeys and neighbours horses would give the sheep a good run for their money!

Hope you like his peaceful and contemplative gaze as I captured him - standing in his shaded paddock.

In his shaded paddock - oil on panel - 20x20cm
For pricing, reserve and purchase please contact, info@richardhearns.com







No comments: