Friday, May 15, 2009

Glass Jar with Brushes 5x5in



Glass Jar with Brushes - oil/panel - 5"x5" - sold

Loved every minute of creating this piece. From the outset I felt the marks I was making had inherit in them those atmospheric and painterly qualities that I strive for.
Hope you like it too.

You know from time to time I post an image of a painting and then after a few days ( in retrospect) feel that there is something missing in the piece - that it needs more work and attention. I suppose that's all got to do with my development as a painter - Asking myself, 'How can I make this better?'How can I improve this?' So don't be surprised if every once in a while you see the same painting with a few 'adjustments' being posted on my Blog/Website.

The Lions Club Group Exhibition, which will feature three of my paintings, opens tonight in Malahide at 8pm. The show will include Art Works by established painters like James English, R.H.A , Mike Fitzharris, Thomas Ryan R.H.A , John Dinan, Padrig Lynch, Alan Kenny, Michael Killen, and Pamela Leonard, A.N.C.A.

The show will also be open for viewing on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th from 12pm to 6pm.

Am looking forward to the show. Can't wait to meet with some of these artists.
Hope you can come along.
Wish me good luck.

- Richard

No comments: