Friday, March 14, 2014

Exploring the Transformative Qualities of Paint

This heading above just flashed across the screen of my consciousness while I was painting the other day.

Painting, given the chance I have found has the ability to transform and transcend both our inner and outer experiences. That's just one of the many reasons I believe acts as a catalyst for why I paint.
Other reasons include: because it excites me, because it's one of the only things I have always been good at. Because it never fully satisfies me!  Because it's never complete but does give me a feeling of unity - with nature, with life, with others. Because it opens doors for me. Because it brings me great joy! Because it remains my hope that through my work I communicate this joy to others.























The painting above entitled, Plum Line with Brush and Bowl will feature in my coming New York City solo exhibit 'The Artist's Shelf' which takes place at O'Sullivan Antiques on Thursday April 17th.

Plum Line with Brush and Bowl - oil on linen - 20"x20".

No comments: