Monday, April 27, 2015

Let the Great World Spin

I'm not talking directly about Colum McCann's incredible novel but it's so true - the time and tide waits for no one and our great world just keeps on spinning!

Right now I'm a busy busy boy getting ready for two coming exhibitions.
This morning Gordon D'Arcy, Professor of Irish Heritage Studies and published author visited my studio in Ballyvaughan to view the paintings I have selected for inclusion in my coming local exhibit of representational still life paintings.

It was really enjoyable spending some time with Gordon explaining my interests, various approaches and ways of working. Gordon who paints and draws himself and has illustrated many books on Irish wild life has kindly agreed to open my exhibit 'Rhyme or Reason' on May 8th with the Burren Chocolatiers at Hazel Mountain Chocolates. He will call back to my studio again this Sunday to talk some more about my art practice and career to date over a cuppa.

This evening I put the finishing  touches to this painting below entitled 'Valencia'.
The image your seeing here is not the finished piece but it's close enough.

During my time in Barcelona I became absolutely hooked on freshly squeezed orange juice! I suppose there are worse things to be addicted to! This addiction was compounded further during time spent in Valencia where copious amounts and varieties of oranges where readily available. many of which were sampled in jugs of Aqua de Valencia (look it up). The oranges were literally growing on the side of the roads there.

- Richard








No comments: